Touch and get notecard displayed on screen

Muletta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When a customer touch the "give-object", she receives LM and notecard. The LM is automatic shown on the screen, but not the notecard.

How do I make the given notecard automatic show on the screen?

And how can I make the customer automatic see, where in her inventory the given items has "landed", so she easily can find them?

You can't.  Whether a notecard or texture shows on the screen when accepted is an option that is set in the viewer itself by the user. Personally I don't want them popping up in my face and blocking my view.  I'll open them to read when I'm ready to.

As far as telling the customer where it went, the only place it will go in their notecard folder unless your script gives the landmark and notecard in their own folder.  You can however add to the script, if it is modifiable, a line that tells the person that touched it where to look in their inventory for it, using llSay(integer channel, string msg): for it to appear in local chat or llInstantMessage(key user, string msg);

Ohhh. That explained why "all the other"  are able to display THEIR notecards on MY screen - lol - I thought it was just me, who couldn't find out to do the same with my notecards. And all because of the individual settings for the viewer - I did not know :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

I get a lot wiser in this forum all the time..thank you people.

About the script, I will give it a try, even I am not familiar to change scripts at all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.