Problems with Hired Builders Moving Objects

Nikilei

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have hired 2 builders to terraform and develope my land. We are using my objects from my inventory. I will drop an object that I want to use [a park bence for instance] but they tell me they can select or move the object only sporadically. They also are seeing buildings that aren't there, landscapes that were never created, ect which I can't see.  I had a griefer on this property last September and am wondering if there is still problems left over from that. 

I have given them permission to use my items through their profiles', have put them on as residents and admin. on my land settings; so we are at a loss as to what is going on.

Any ideas?

Thank you

In response to Lindal Kid; could that be possible then when moving from island to island; maybe even seeing things that aren't in the other islands while standing on a neighboring island?

The answer I got for the Lindens is exactly what you said about things happening so they are not going to do anything about it. It is just that there was a griefer on the island on Oct. and it was very real what he left but the Lindens were able to remove it. 

3 answers to this question

You could start by looking at the Objects in the Region, in the About Land page, and see "who" owns what.

Create a group, set the Land to the Group and deed all the objects to the Group. Any objects that cannot be found, should be returned.

Builders only need to be Estate Managers. And for the Group, they only need to be Officers, with the ability to Deed Objects, terra form.

It is unlikely that all three Caches are not rendering properly. You should compare Graphic settings, to determine who can see what. Exchange Snapshots of the Region, with the Builders. Clear your Cache.

If it is possible, and practicable,  I would return all objects, and start over. Rez (1) copy of every object you want to use, Deed each object to the Group. Confirm that the Builders can move the objects.

• Like 3

I've been seeing objects and landscapes that aren't there, too...but when it happens to me, it's when I do a region crossing.  The problem goes away in a few moments, but it's very annoying while it is happening.

If this, or something like it, is what is happening to your builders, it's not griefers, it's just bugs in SL.

• Like 1

I posted an addition to your reply [i didn't know it was here] but could it also happen standing on one island and looking across to another? They are technically separate regions aren't they? It also doesn't go away; just moves.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.