Looking some to make a Mesh Avvy

Mayalyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Nyx Karas wrote:

Have you looked at the quad avatars that are already out there? Like Lost Ferals, The Werehouse, or a modded TWI cougar?

Thank you for your replies. Yep.  There is only one jaguar avatar out there in quad form.  The rest are leopard or cougar.  I have the Werehouse one and was happy with it until the mesh leopard ones came out.  Now I look really cartoony and was hoping to find a better one. 

Jaguar are not the same as leopards more a cross between Leopard and Lion. 

I could used the Black Cougar if I could get spots on it. 

But I think the easiest is use leopard mesh and make it black.  The spots are wrong and head/body too thin but it will work. 

Really more curious how much to have one made would cost.  There is little call for Jaguars so figured if I want one badly enough will have to pay for it. 

Well, I figured leopard might be close enough. Sometimes you gotta make do with what you have... SL unfortunately lacks a lot of specific things that I would've loved to have. Mind if I ask what mesh avatars you have seen btw? Do you have a store or creator name?

And you could mod the cougar avatar if you want spots. Find some grayscale leopard spots texture, apply it to the avatar's bodyparts and tint them to the right shade of black. I've done that myself to make it into a snow leopard, and jaguar would probably work even better looks-wise. The spots won't be perfect, you'd have to photoshop your own texture to get the correct face markings and such, but it should look pretty decent even without that, and on a black panther it won't be as noticable anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.