Cannot log on

LunavictoriaBlackheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I cannot log n second life no matter what viewer I use. I keep getting teh message unable to connect to Simulator.   Please help!!     I was able to log on the beta grid with no  problem. but when I try  inworld.  I get that message again. Unable to connect to simulator.   I already checked my modem and my router.    It can;t be my group tag.      For whatever reason I simply cannot coonect to simulator.  My other accounst log on fine. But this one.  Is till don;t understand what is wrong and why it won;t connect to simulator.   

1 answer to this question

At times, when attempting to log in, you will get a message like “Unable to connect to simulator”. Unfortunately, this message can be the result of several different things. This page covers some of the more common - and more rare - cases when this might occur.

• Your Internet Connection is Down Check whether you are able to connect to the 'net using a web browser; try to use it to visit a known website. If that fails, then the first thing to try is to unplug your modem/router for at least a full minute, then once plugged back in, allow then to go through startup, after which reboot your computer. If after this you are still unable to connect to the Internet with a web browser, you will probably need to contact your ISP to have your connection checked.
  • Your Router and/or Modem has Problems Repeat the same things as above.
  • Your Firewall is Preventing the Connection Try disabling your firewall software completely and then try to log in again. If you are successful, then you need to allow the viewer access through the firewall. Some tips on how to do that are here.
  • Buildup of Open Notifications It is possible for a buildup of too many notifications to cause Firestorm to disconnect during or shortly after login. If you experience such disconnections repeatedly on Firestorm, then follow the instructions under “Firestorm Logs Out During Login” here.
  • Domain Name Server (DNS) Issues Users of Firestorm may get “Unable to connect to simulator”, or a message specifically saying that there are issues with the DNS. In that case refer to this page for how to proceed.
  • Region is Down It is possible that the region you are trying to log into is down. So try again but select a different region name at the log in screen. Some regions you can try: Hippo Hollow, Aich, Hatton, Pooley.
  • Group Tag Preventing Login There are cases when your active group tag will prevent log in - most usually when the tag contains unicode characters (though there have been isolated cases where even standard Latin characters have prevented log in as well). If this happens, you can attempt to log in using a text based viewer such as Radegast or MetaBolt, and change your active group in that viewer (preferably to None), log out and then log in with your usual viewer.
    Should that not be an option, you will need to find a way to get word in-world, to the group owner, and have them either edit the group title tag or, should that not be an option, eject you from the group.
    If that too is not a viable option, then the only other recourse is to file a support ticket with LL and have them change your active group.
    This is a server issue, and is reported in this LL JIRA.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.