Inventory Loss

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have known that in the past, items sometimes just disappeared from inventory, but I thought that problem was behind us.  Ever since the outfits with links became available, I have used them extensively because they make dressing so much easier.  Recently, I have noticed several broken links in outfits.  When I search inventory for the items, they are not there.  I know that I didn't delete them. The only reasonable explanation is that they just disappeared.

Why does this happen?  I know that the databases must be huge.  However, lots of organizations maintain huge databases, some of which contain critical data that just cannot be permitted to be corrupted, without losing records.  Is it just that LL can't or won't spend the money required to prevent corruption of data, or is there another explanation?

• 4 months later...

I'm having the same issue, and while I don't mind so much the loss of clothing and hair; as a roleplay sim owner (via renting) - losing deco and rental systems is expensive when they are no longer found in the database. NC's used to help manage the sim with vital information are also coming up as "not in database." It completely compromises running a smooth organization.

I've cleared cache from the in-world browser as well as from my hard drive; and to no avail. It's all just gone. What's even stranger is that, as of late, I can log off in one outfit and skin - log back in and I'm wearing things I haven't worn in months; or discovering changes made in notecards haven't saved!

Isn't there anyway for LL to roll back the account or something to try and get this inventory back?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.