traffic

Lydia Craig

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Over a week ago LL announced that they had fixed the stale traffic problem but as of today traffic is still not working.  Come on guys if you cannot fix it don't say it is fixed and find someone who can fix it, this just makes you look worse then you did before and lowers people trust and respect for LL even more.  Most of these problems see to in one way or another stem from the core servers and if LL is not will to address this issue likely will just get worse no matter how much you try to deny the problem or blame it on other factors.  

Yes i too am having this problem on my region-  why are we paying through the nose for this stuff if it dont work?  come on Linden Labs,  fix it already.  I spoke to a live support rep the other night just to be told its gonna stay broke untill a fix is developed,  why not jsut roll back to a time that it did work?

It was "stale search results" that were reported as fixed on February 6 ... not traffic. That said, traffic as a metric is highly over-rated; very few residents even know it exists and fewer care what the traffic on any given parcel is. Most residents go to clusters of green dots on the map when exploring. It would be nice to have it working, but it's not a critical metric like it used to be.

I may have this wrong, but "stale Search Results" are connected with incorrect or non-updated traffic numbers aren't they?

So if SL traffic calculations are incorrect, then Search will be incorrect, Yes?

I know the metric whereby traffic is calculated was changed by LL sometime last year, but traffic still affects search rankings doesn't it?

Or is ranking purely to do with clever wording these days?

Granted traffic is a lousy metric, but it is the only metric we have to measure progress over a period of time, and if LL cannot fix it then it should come out and say so, and not dodge the issue.  Right now the trouble is there are lots of things that LL apparently cannot or will not fix and adding a new viewer, or moving more resources to marketplace will not fix them and may make them worse.  Frankly, it may be time for LL to decide if they really want to fix sl or not and if they do make the major effort it will take to fix and likely save it, or admit they can't or at least don't intend to in the near future and let the players decide if they care to stay and continue to invest their money in this increasingly unstable mess.  That, however, may be asking for more than LL and its management is capable of giving.

This is really getting old. It seems anytime something goes wrong we can expect it to take far too long fof it to get fixed. How difficult can this be? The traffic stats have been the same for over a week now. Are any resources at all being spent on this? Is anyone workin on this? How can it possibly take this long to fix such a simple problem? Come on SL!, we spend good money and expcet minumum service for it.

Same here..traffic on our land has been stuck for more then 1 month now...2218 (normaly we are around 10K-12K traffic minumum

Please fix this LL cuz this is very baaaad for the club/shop/land owners that depend on the traffic in the search..the higher the traffic in search the more people will check you out thus generating more linden..generating more linden for linden labs in the end.

Got a reaction of SL support regarding traffic problems.

Thank you for contacting Linden Lab Support!

I'm sorry to hear that the traffic numbers are nor reporting properly, I understand how frustrating it must be.

This is an issue that the Dev Team is currently aware of, and are actively working on a solution.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Please let me know if there's anything further I can assist you with.

Thank you for being a valued resident of Second Life! Have a great day!

Kind Regards,
Sxxxxxxxx(removed support agent name)
Linden Lab Support

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.