How high do I own the property

smileyjunky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was wondering exactly how high up I own my land. I flew up in the sky to place an object at 4000m and on my way up I saw several objects and houses that were not mine. I don't think they are intruding on my prim count, which I am not sure why not. But because I own the land and want to build in the sky, I do not like these intrusions on my land.

5 answers to this question

Prims are related to the parcel they belong to, at 20m or 40.000 m high. If they are prims from someone else, you can send them back (if you own the land). Do this in the about-land menu. You can refresh the list of prims and see the owners. You can then choose to return prims you do not recognise.

Good luck :)

If these objects do not intrude your prim count, then their root prim is not above your parcel but probably very near to the land's boundaries, and what you see is a part of the object or house that encroaches your property. In this case, you will not be able to use the return function. You may want to check the owner's name and contact him to ask him to move his object a bit further. 

If there is no way to come to an amicable agreement, you'll have to AR the offending item (make sure you include a picture).

• Like 2

:) Junky,

You effectively own all the way up to 4096m high. This is the highest that you can rez objects.

Think about the shape and size of your parcel. If you own a classic 1024 sqm m parcel is is usually 32m x 32m square. A classic 4096 sq m parcel is 64m x 64m square. You get the idea, yes? You own this parcel shape and area all the way to that upper limit.

So as you zoom up into the sky, you'll no doubt see you neighbors objects rezzed above their parcels as well. Your viewer draw distance by default allows you to see 128m all around you, well past the virtual borders of your parcel.

So to check if these are objects that are rezzed on your particular parcel, do the World / Parcel Details / Objects and review the objects in the Objects Owner list. If all you see in that list is your objects then your neighbors objects are not physically rezzed onto your parcel using your prim allowance.

To prevent a constant Visual Intrusion pick a nice height where your view is unobstructed to rez your platform for your sky home.

If you believe a neighbors objects are encroaching [without affecting your prim count] onto your parcel you do have the ability to select them and request a return of them  This action should only be done after trying to contact your neighbor 1st to have them move the offending object..

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.