Temp Mesh

Evhalyn Serpente

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is this an option?  I've heard of the Open source/(Other grid) locations but after utilizing that grid - I couldn't find this option (or don't understand that grid enough to know what to look for). 

As we have the ability to use temporary textures- is there a way to view temporary meshes?  Have them say, I donno- dissolve on log-out (lol)?

I am still learning something new with mesh every day and with building large meshes my upload costs can scale really high as in 2/300L per upload (even when trying to hide all the complex junk with physics O.o)  - only to find that normals need to be flipped or a solidify needs to be applied - or something along these lines.

It would be really amazing if there was a way to preview what your mesh would look like in game prior to upload.

Does anyone know if this is supported somewhere?  Or is there a post that previously discusses this? 

Thanks everyone!!

Edit* So after scrolling through the forum I am hearing "Aditi" mentioned a lot, I assume this is where I need to head (how)? please.

Evhalyn Serpente wrote:

Edit* So after scrolling through the forum I am hearing "Aditi" mentioned a lot, I assume this is where I need to head (how)? please.

Just to be sure you understand, Aditi is he beta test grid.  You can upload things to it for free.  It's not exactly the "temp mesh" feature you asked about -- that doesn't exist -- but it will allow you to test your creations in-world, without cost.

As Aquilla mentioned, you will see L$ appear to be deducted from your in-world balance.  But don't worry, none of the balances in Aditi are real.  It's just play money on that grid.  Your real balance on the main grid won't be affected.

Also, you should know the balances on Aditi are reset regularly, so don't worry about running out of the fake money.  You'll get more.

I pretty much live on Aditi these days. Be aware that you need to do a SEPARATE mesh test for the Aditi grid. That link is currently working from the mesh wiki I hear (broken for a long while).  When you get to Aditi you can head for a sandbox or opt for a Mesh sandbox (often less griefing) by typing in MESH in the map and finding a place to land.

Note that things don't translate over perfectly from Aditi to SL even when using the Linden Viewer on both grids. I had that happen today and have seen comments here often. The SIZE seems to change often even when using the same file and the .slm (file that remembers what you did on Aditi and translates to Agni). So watch for that. Still it saves thousands of Lindens and you also get to see some pretty amazing things there from time to time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.