Got a good animation, but I also want it backwards... Any way?

myiakc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Simple thing, my partner has asked me to do 2 animations for his Second Life account, one draw animation for guns and one sling. I managed to get a great looking draw, but with the sling, essentially, it is a draw animation backwards. Is there any way I can flip the frames around, save it in a certain way or something so that the animation is backwards? I use DAZ btw. Very helpful for any kind of guidance, have searched everywhere for an answer, written in the DAZ forums, nothing... Really new at this as well. Thanks in advance

I don't know any way in DAZ or Poser for that matter to mirror the timeline.

If you don't have too many frames, you could do it by altering the .bvh file in a text editor. Near the bottom you'll find lines with lots of numbers. Those are all the coordinates per frame per line. With a short animation it shouldn't be too hard to flip them around. Make sure not to change the base frame, the one with the t-pose.

Pretty much the only reason I ever use Qavimator is to mirror a whole animations. Load the animation into Qavimator and then click an open area in the window to unselect the figure. Then goto Tools and select Mirror. If you don't unselect the figure, you will only mirror the frame you are on.

In Daz, you use the symmetry window(shift + y) and choose the proper options. As far as I know, Daz only lets you mirror 1 frame at a time.

Poser works similarly to Daz, but you goto Edit/Symmetry and choose swap left and right. Again, only 1 frame at a time, as far as I know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.