undelivered purchase

lexifaith1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi can anyone tell me what i should do i purchased clothing from an in world store the 300L$ left my account it said i would need to wait 15 min for the item to be delivered this was 48 hours ago i sent a message to the owner but have not recieved a reply so if anyone can tell me what i should do now i would be very grateful many thanks 

If the shop does not have a redelivery terminal, the next best thing is to check the owner's profile to see how they wish to manage customer service.  Some owners want you to send them notecards.  Others want IMs.  Others have another avatar designated for customer service.  In your query, make sure that you paste in your transaction information from your Transaction History under Account on your Dashboard.  That is proof of your purchase.

If the owner has not responded, try dropping them a notecard.  If that doesn't work, your only recourse is to keep trying.  Merchants are sometimes slow to respond for whatever reason but not providing good customer service in SL is a death sentence so hopefully this is a merchant that is just busy.

Good luck :)

lexifaith1 wrote:

Hi can anyone tell me what i should do i purchased clothing from an in world store the 300L$ left my account it said i would need to wait 15 min for the item to be delivered this was 48 hours ago i sent a message to the owner but have not recieved a reply so if anyone can tell me what i should do now i would be very grateful many thanks

Merchants with extremely bad customer service don't last very long.

It's a shame that some of us lose $ or get ripped off in sl.  However, sl is not rl & so there are few laws, rules & regulations when it comes to us as consumers.  

Having said that, LL most likely would have to increase their staff tenfold if not one hundred times that in order to handle every little dispute between residents,  I am in no way minimizing your situation, however, $300 Lindens is just over US $1.00.  I can't imagine how many people in sl lose even more each day.  Then there are all the other resident to resident conflicts such as 'he/she asked me for pixel six', or 'he/she tp'd into my house.' 

So the bottom line, LL leaves the policing to the residents mostly.with a TOS & R&R's that we can all use as guidelines on what we can AR etc.

LL as a business provides us with a creative/social platform and their main goal is to make $.  There is no government like rl no courts etc,  LL makes the rules and we freely choose to 'play' ...

1) There are probably lots of things for sale on the MP by people who no longer even have an account in SL. 

2) You are correct, you have no recourse so: Caveat Emptor

3) As Rival says, it's a little more than a dollar. If someone offered you a dollar to spend all the time you have on this, you would probably tell them it was not worth it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.