Sign in to follow this  
Guido Cyberstar

Webcam in Viewer?

Question

There is no webcam option in the standard SL viewer or in any of the Third Party viewers that I am aware of, because there is no in-world function that would use a web cam.  I suspect that your web cam is being triggered by something else in your computer, or that you are trying to use a Third Party viewer that has a very suspicious function built into it.  Do not use a viewer unless you have downloaded it from Linden Lab's own site or from the site of a recognized Third Party  that is volutntarily complying with LL's Policy on Third Party Viewers.  .

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

There is no webcam option in the standard SL viewer or in any of the Third Party viewers that I am aware of, because there is no in-world function that would use a web cam.  I suspect that your web cam is being triggered by something else in your computer, or that you are trying to use a Third Party viewer that has a very suspicious function built into it.  Do not use a viewer unless you have downloaded it from Linden Lab's own site or from the site of a recognized Third Party  that is volutntarily complying with LL's Policy on Third Party Viewers.  .

• Like 1

Hello,

probably the viewer is using only the microphone from the webcam, as the Second Life Viewer does not support video chat.

You can choose the correct input/output sound devices through the menu with Me-> Preferences-> Sound & Medio-> Input/Output Devices.

• Like 1

FIrestorm has this issue as a Third Party viewer that enables the web cam. The webcam view is inside the FS viewer display. [bottom right corner] So there is a legitimate viewer that has this issue. Thank you. This may be another third party webcam application that uses a search parameter and has found one within the FS viewer. Noobulous organism have equal feelings to hierarchical gods.