Stolen land

Landen Renilo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Unfortunately I doubt that LL will do much. They will probably look at as falling into the category of a resident to resident dispute which they don't get involved in.  I also doubt you'll get an answer from the avatar that bought it because there is a 99 percent chance it was a bot.  Land bots monitor land for sale to anyone and when it falls below a certain price, swoop in to buy it.  Its a predatory practice but legal since you did set it for sale to anyone.

This is why you get the warning about selling land after you set it for sale, and before its finalized asking if you are sure you want to do this.  Unless you really want anyone to be able to buy it, you should always set it for sale to a specific person. In your case, the safest way to transfer land to a group is to set it to the group first, then once you have done that hit the Deed button.  This way the land is deeded directly to the group without it being set for sale.

I hope for your sake LL will help you out.  If they don't, you'll just have to look at it as an expensive lesson.

Next time, set the land for sale to a specific avatar only. Triple check that you have the name right before you click to finalize the sale. (For instance there is a person with the same name as me except for one letter; I was trying to buy land once and that was when land was still popular; the seller set it to my name they thought but I couldn't buy it. Then I noticed they had set it to someone else, due to misspelling. Thankfully that person was not a bot and it was corrected without issue.)

Unfortunately that's the only way to avoid a bot swooping in, if you are setting it for sale at a low price.

You can try to IM the person who bought it, but I doubt they will reply since they did it on purpose. It's unilkely it was some noob who didn't know better, which would be your only chance for the land back.

LL typically does not get involved in 'resident disputes' sorry to say.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.