Menu controlled sculpt map changer?

KingofTheVoid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

First time posting here so forgive me if I'm in the wrong spot. I'm making some sculpted items to sell, some have several 'states', using different sculpt maps. I need a script that will allow to change the sculpt maps on the prim via menu but I don't really know how to make Scripts from scratch or what keys to use. I'm really only good with modifying existing scripts, mainly particle engines. If someone can point me to a few tutorials to get what I need or even post the scrip itself, that would be great ^.^

1 answer to this question

You're right, this isn't the correct place to post.  If you're looking to write a script to do this, you'll want to use llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast.  Specifically, you'll want to use the PRIM_TYPE parameter to change the UUID of the scuplt's UV map in PRIM_TYPE_SCULPT.  You should know that this is not a method that LL likes to have scripters doing, unless it's an occasional change.  You certainly don't want to animate a sculpt this way.  It puts an unusual load on the sim's servers and can add to lag.  It's much easier on the sim if you simply rez all of the sculpt versions and then make all but one at a time transparent.  It uses a few more prims but it's much less problematic for the sim.  Once you get your script underway, post problems and questions (or insights) in the LSL Scripting forum.  That's where scripters share their discoveries or cry about their problems.

If you weren't planning on writing the script yourself, the place to post is the InWorld Employment forum, where you can hope for a response from one or more eager scripters.  I'd suggest the Wanted forum too, except that you really want a custom script to match you particular products.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.