A few items from my inventory are gone and are not coming back even after clearing my cache.

Yiddle Yatsenko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I logged in to find a few pieces of my outfit were not loading. Figuring it was just an outfit delay, I cleared my cache and still no results. I looked into the outfit folder and the items that are missing are now listed as 'broken links'. Sure enough, they no longer exhist in my inventory in any location. I have re-installed and did a full cache clear with zero results. Any ideas?

2 answers to this question

Yiddle,

Options for you are as follows:

A) if you still have the original container the outfit was delivered to you in:

1) Rez the original carton your outfit came in [if the outfit was delivered to you with copy privileges]

2) Open and take a new outfit folder into inventory and move the missing items back into the original folder.

3) Manually put on the missing items, adjust them and create a new Outfit.. [The old links will still be broken as they are tied to the UUID of the original object]

B) If the outfit is not too old and the merchant is still in active in SL, contact them explaining the issues and they might, maybe, send you the missing piece if they have your purchase on record.

C) Sacrifice a SL Chicken for dinner and try logging into a quiet regions one more time.....

D) Carefully check you emails for a letter from Linden Lab. If you purchased an item that was a part of a DCMA dispute, it is possible that the specific items in question were purged from the SL Asset Databases. Usually you get a non-functional replacement object with a IP on the front of the name.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.