I know I am not banned.

BaltoHusky345

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know I am not banned. I always read the rules in each land before I go forward. How the heck am I under a "Second Life cannot Be Accessed from this Computer" Ban? I did nothing to deserve this and I want to be able to play SL on this computer again. Please Reply.

BaltoHusky345 Resident on the Agni Server

2 answers to this question

No one in "Answers" has the ability to access any information as to why you are recieving the "cannot be accessed" message.  That is the typical message anyone who has been banned recieves.  It's always possible that the "ban" is a error so contacting Linden Lab is certainly something that should be done (as mentioned already).  However, there are other possibilities that would also cause that message (besides a simple one time error at the time of log in......a computer reboot might fix that.  Questions such as who has access to your computer?  Even someone in your household who has a different account, but using the same computer, can get you banned.  Such a ban is usually for rather major ToS or CS violations to which LL investigates fairly thououghly before placing a ban on the computer used that the violation occurred.  Only you know who has such access and whether or not that person (or persons) might have done something worthy or a computer ban.  For a ban such at what you discribed you recieved an email informing you of the ban and in that email there are instructions on how to appeal the ban.  That would happen if whoever, in your household, logged in using your account.  If the person did not log in on your account but on their own account, they would have recieved the email.  LL cannot know who, or how someone came to log in on the computer that they banned......just as we, in Answers, cannot know.

There is one more (slightly more remote) possibility.  You have a router that is wireless capable (almost ever router manufactured in the last 10 years have that capability).  Your neighbor (or even some jerk sitting on the sideway down the street with a laptop) has "piggybacked" on your connection and did something worth a ban.  That happens when you don't secure your network (you'll have to refer to your router's documentation in order to secure your network....or call the manufacturer).

In all honesty, LL bans so seldom that I'm inclined to think it is not some mistake.  Someone did something, using your computer that warranted the ban.  LL is the only one who can straighten it out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.