Can't watch video content using Firestorm (or the Linden Viewer) with my Macbook Pro? Help?

freakie Rage

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i can see websites, but when I try to play a video (YouTube for example), I get a black screen and no audio. The Macbook runs the most recent Lion OS. Also, I have the latest version of Flash on the Macbook.

I'm guessing it's a setting somewhere. Any suggestions? I can show it in-world if that helps.

2 answers to this question

If videos are not playing or you have a black or blank search page, please do the following:

• Go to Avatar → Preferences → Sound & Media
  • Make sure the “Enabled” checkbox to the right of the “Media” slider is checked
    (For audio, check “Streaming Music”)
  • Check “Allow resident scripts to play media”
  • Make sure you have updated both Flash Player and Quicktime. In order to play Flash format videos (eg YouTube videos), you must have the generic Adobe Flash plugin installed. If you use IE as your web browser and already have Flash, you will need to get the generic Flash plugin; see here. linux users need to have gstreamer installed, with the “bad” plugin set.
  • Make sure the issue is not with the specific television you are using, by attempting to view videos on a television that plays video normally for other Firestorm users.
  • Make sure that “Enable plugins” is ticked in Preferences → Network & Cache, else Flash Player or Quicktime can not be executed, and you may see a message saying: Adobe Flash Player or an HTML5 supported browser is required for video playback.
  • Like 2

I just saw now your question. Forgive the delay ..
In Firestorm, if you are using the latest FlashPlayer, it happens as what you say. You need to install Flashplayer 10, not 11. It runs perfectly. 
I have not tested if it works with the latest Firestorm ... Good luck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.