is it possible to make a rezzer that will rez and take back no copy/no mod objects into itself?

ima Greymyst

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am wanting a rezzer that i can place my meeroo nests in that i can scroll through them by rezzing them then clicking next and it take that nest back in and rez the next one; can this be done?

p.s.

Just to be clear, the nests are no cop/no mod/transfer, wanting the actual item to rez above a prim and be able to click a next button that puts the rezzed one back in the prim and rezz's the next one.

4 answers to this question

Yes, that should be very easy to write.  I suspect that someone has something like that in Marketplace already.  If you can't find one, try posting your question in the Wanted forum or, if you want a scripter to write a custom version, in the InWorld Employment forum.

The only limitation you will find is that you cannot "derez" an object with a script --- that is, you can't pick it up and take it back to your inventory.  If you have copy/mod perms on your nests, what a rezzer script can do is send a message to a script in a nest you have rezzed, telling it to die while the rezzer script creates a new one in its place.

Well, if your nests are all transfer only, then a rezzer isn't going to do you much good, because you'll have to take any rezzed nests back to your inventory manually anyway. Whether a rezzer creates a temporary copy or a "permanent" one is a minor variable. Either way, once the in-world copy is deleted, it's gone forever --- and that's not what you want to do if it's your only copy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.