I've been using many viewers; but suddenly i can't see local chat on any viewer. Help?!

Trivoid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been using many viewers; but suddenly i can't see local chat on any viewer. Help?!

When someone speaks in local, sometimes the chat will apear for a secound, but then just dissapear again. And in rare occasions i can read local chat just fine, no problems, bur that will only last for about 10 secounds at the most.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Should i just remove everything SL related on my computer, and re-download?

2 answers to this question

Some viewers (Firestorm, for example) give you the option in Preferences >> Chat to set the amount of time that a line of chat stays on screen before it fades.  I think the default is something like 20 seconds.  Even if your viewer doesn't have that option, you can set the time with a Debug Setting.  Open your Advanced menu (CTRL + Alt + D) and select Show Debug Settings.  Then type in ChatPersistTime.  Check the number that shows in that window and then reset it to whatever value seems good to you and close the window.

The fact that you're having this problem with several viewers may suggest that they are interfering with each other.  Otherwise, they should normally not share settings.  If this problem persists, you may need to do a clean re-install of each viewer, saving the one you use MOST until the last.  I emphasize clean re-install to be sure that you understand how important it is to remove all traces of a previous installation before downloading and installing a new version.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.