My AOs are not working.

Kitten Ormega

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a healthy little collection of mermaid AOs, as well as one just for walking and one for when I feel like being a centaur, and as of about 2 weeks ago, not one of them works. I've tried going from place to place, though I'm currently hiding in a sandbox that I know used to allow me to 'swim' with my AO, and I have tried changing them out. They say that they have been turned on, but I can't turn them off, and since most of my outfits are mermaid tails, I need a mermaid AO to go with it. Any suggestions on what I can do?

EDIT: Before someone suggests it, I have also tried to reset the ao by typing a command in the command field. It has yet to work.

EDIT 2: In response to the response, they are seperate parcels of AO. I have one that is from Pacific Sunrise, one that is a freebie mermaid AO, one that is a centaur AO that came with a costume... They are multiple things. That said, they started acting up after I took a long break from SL due to computer issues, so that may have something to do with it.

1 answer to this question

Are you talking about separate Animation Overriders, or a set of animations that are all in the same AO?  If it's one single AO with a lot of animations in it, then the best guess is that its script has been borked and needs to be restarted (or replaced).  The animations ought to be OK.  Try dragging one or more of them out to your inventory and then running them from there (double-click to run an animation from inventory and then click the "Play in World" button).  Assuming that the animations are all OK, at the very least you ought to be able to just drop them in a new AO.  If you;re using Firestorm, just drop them in your built-in AO.

If you really are talking about several Animation Overriders, then this is a great puzzle.   The only reason I can imagine for them all to go belly up at once is that you are on a no-scripts parcel, but you've apparently had the same problem in more than one place.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.