Kar1y

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For some reason, when I am naked or in underwear.....my avatar skin looks like it is in two halves, as if I'm wearing tights (pantyhose). The tone difference is not much, but enough to annoy the hell out of me! I do usually wear a number of 'same' layers, eg: undershirt, tattoo. I've tried a few different combinations, but it still seems to occur. Can anyone help me please?

Your skin actually IS in two halves - actually four quarters to be precise (head, upper body and arms, lower body, and feet.) There's a joint between these areas with the way the avatar "map" is laid out and if the skin maker hasn't perfectly matched the tone across the joint you'll see a line if you look closely. Unfortunately, you'll either have to live with it or find another skin.

Assuming you had not had the same problem in the past, you may want to ty rebaking a few times. For a couple of months now I have been having similar problems where my avatar textures fail to fully load causing the seams to be visible. Sometimes it takes me three rebakes. I am not sure what LL changed but I am sure they changed something. Also within the next couple of months LL will roll out a new texture baking system which is said to solve this problem, lets hope.

Thank you Darren. I didn't have the problem originally and I do rebake.....over and over. I removed my tattoos (on clothing layers) and wear no more than 3 tattoo layers (make up, hairbase etc). It still happens......seems I'll have to wait for LL to bake the problem away :(

The easiest way to see if it is the skin or you (your computer/viewer) is to try on another skin. If you visit the Fab Free in world location or blog, there are a lot of free skins to be had. That way it won't even set you back anything to test this. (And you will end up with more skins at the end. Bonus.)

Also Curio is back so right now if you join Gala & Rita Design Announcements Group (you can find the group in search; it's free to join) and check the Notices, you get a whole box of free female skins, in a lot of different skin tones. Good quality.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.