I did something I should not have...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I did something I should not have: I tried to rez a shape on the ground, to see what it looked like.

Now, the shape is no longer in inventory, and is lost somewhere in the ether. That is not so bad, though.

Now, when I go to touch something or edit, the touch-beam does not go to the object, but is directed to my av. This affects my other av, too. I have done a clean install, of both SLV, and Firestorm, and the effect is still there. I'm not sure what I did, but I think I broke something.

Any ideas what may have happened, and how to correct the issue?

Thank you.

Are you referring to an avatar system shape or a prim or mesh shape?  If you attempt to rez an avatar system shape your cursor should turn to a circle with a bar on it to indicate you can't rez it.  Try searching for it by name it may have just ended up in another folder.

What viewer are you using?

Are you able to edit an object even if the beam doesn't appear to go to it?

I tried to rez an av shape on the ground. The cursor did not have the circle/bar "NO" symbol, but acted as if it were being dragged form inventory to the ground, and the shape just did not appear. It is no longer in any folder in my inventory, have searched it thoroughly.

I am using Firestrom 4.3

OK, I did recover the shape, it was embedded in a prim used for a skyplat, so it was recovered to inventory.

I'm still having issues with the touch-beam, maybe that is something unrelated.

Thanks everyone for reading this post.

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.