Looking for blender 2.59 mesh rigging tutorial?

Frawmusl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need to find an easy to follow tutorial from the start to finish for rigging clothing to an avi, I heard 2.6x doesn't work but 2.59 does so I'll be using that. I've been unlucky in finding a tutorial for that version, text based works too. I'm not new to blender, but this is the first time I've ever really tried to rig things.

Rigging can be done in 2.6 and up. .. Not sure who told you it cant be done.. But finding updated videos for 2.6 and up is the tricky part. But once you learn the basics and know how to use the interface you can usually follow older videos..

I use Avastar my self for quick rigging .. doing it the long way can be tough

But there are several rigging tutorials probably on youtube

Like this second life rigged clothing series... Its like 7 video/tutorials to follow

There are a number of videos for the 2.5 & 2.6 versions of Blender. Second Life Mesh Clothes Blender 2.6 Setup 2012 Tutorial.

When working with Blender one needs to know about the advantages of using the Archive install. The article links to an article on that. Updating Blender is much easier using archives.

The article was updated mid 2012. So, I have links to several good videos that are current for 2.5 and 2.6.

The Collada exporter in Blender has been updated several times since the 2.6x versions came out. Gaia Clary the Avastar maker and others have contributited to its improvement. You will likely have fewer import problems using the latest Blender.

To find more tutorials take a look at: http://blog.nalates.net/the-stuff/tutorials-index-clothes/ 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.