changing camera angles using fraps

friscolives

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Still getting used to fraps, which seems to be a great way to record SL. One problem i'm having is changing the camera angles during filming. I use shift, alt and f1 (I think thats the combo) to get rid of all the icons, but in doing this the camera controls disappear. Now if i'm recording the video I can do some things with the arrows, but not to the extent I could with those controls. Are they other ways to change the camera angles being recorded without having the icons on screen?

Alt zoom. 

Alt left click on something. Move your mouse around while holding down the alt key. Now add the shift key. Now add the Ctrl key. You now have complete control over your camera. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Camera_Control

With the keyboard, try the alt shift and ctrl key combinations with the arrows, you get similar results.

I would also recommend getting "Dxtory" for recording in SL, Now that you know the camera controls :)  Fraps makes your audio/video on huge file and splits it up every so many minutes. Dxtory makes it one file, unsplit, but the file allows you to edit both the audio and video afterwards. If you cut audio in fraps you also have to cut the video it goes with. Just a little friendly advice ;D

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Not in SONY Vegas it doesn't. You can edit them seperately and ungroup them easily. And FRAPS now can record to a single file although I don't recommend that since if you record for an hour and crash possibly you just lost all that info. Also FRAPS has a buffer now so you don't miss the beginning of an event.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.