I just boughta home funished.

Sunnydee2012

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just bought a home.  It came fully furnished.  I have severals media srceens for watching movies, videos..ect. I don't know how 2 get them connected.  I have a tv media center which I purchased from sl marketplace and deeded it to my group land. Now I need 2 know how to get the media center that came with the house to work with the one I purchased.  The media centers that came with the home are just monitors that require a t.v to make them work, the only function they have is playback of whatever your t.v plays. How do I get it to work?  I keep getting a message that says "There is no parcel media texture set, or this screen is not deeded to group, on group land"  Please help..Thank you.

2 answers to this question

Sunnydee,

To make a complex subject simple let me try to guide you through the issue you are encountering

Background:

Original Media Method: Any time you want to see media such as a streamed movie in SecondLife all objects that will be showing the media need to share the exact same texture [by UUID]. When you purchase a high-end solution, it has an installation process that does these steps:

1) Rezzes the Media Center with a screen pre-textured with the media Texture.
2) [Optional] Rezzes the parcel control object which you will be asked to Deed to the Land Group. This may be the "Tuner" as well that allows the selection of various Streaming Media Sources
3) Installs the exact same texture as comes pre-installed in the Parcel Media Texture setting.
4) Sets the Parcel Media settings to the default values.

You will also usually receive a copy of the texture used in this system. This allows you to add this texture to the surface of a prim to allow it to also display any streaming media at the same time the screen displays media.

The error message you are receiving is simply telling you that the Media Texture that came with your media center has not been installed in the Parcel Media Texture setting.

Look in your inventory for the original unpackaged folder of the media center and look for the Media Texture. Then do this:

1) Preferences / World / Parcel Details / Media tab /
2) Drag the Media Texture from your inventory onto the Replace Texture window

This will allow Streaming Video Media to be displayed on all surfaces sharing this exact Texture's UUID.

Interesting Option: Once you have this working, that texture can be used on objects you create with the bonus that when every you choose to stream Video Media, they will display it. Try this on a sphere - It can be a fun party conversation piece.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.