Not sure why my marketplace ad was removed as a non-time listing and the key words all applied.

Tor Karlsvalt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi I see that my ad was recently removed from the market place as a non-item listing.  Yet the listing  was for land on a private island and the key words all applied to our sim.  Perhaps that might not seem so, but our sim is organized as a democratically governed micro-nation.  There are five regions, three are alpine and two are Roman/Greek.  The first sim, one of the oldest in SL, Neufreistadt, is a Bavarian town.  We have regular elecions where citizens vote.  The sim is very mountainous with three of the simb being alpine in theme.  I do not remember all the keywords I used, but I think this descirption explains most or all of them.  To me, the ad is similar to others on the Marketplace.  

It would be nice if one got an explanation for an acton to remove an ad.  Merely pointing to a general section of the policy does not explain how that policy is being applied or inform one of the problem with the ad.  

Therefore, please reconsider your action to remove my ad or explain exactly what was wrong with it.

2 answers to this question

We are not Lindens here, only residents like you...so we can't "reconsider" anything.  For that, you will need to file a support ticket.

However...

What category were you trying to place your listing in?  It should be placed in "Private Islands". 

I also suggest that your listing SHOULD include an item...an informational notecard about your region.

• Like 1

When I contacted Live Support a couple of weeks ago reguarding a similar incident, their advice was to put the ad up again but to make sure to watch your KEYWORDS and CATEGORY carefully as these were the places where people get flagged most often. I did that and changed the category and so far all has been fine.

While the Marketplace folks don't normally tell you WHY there was an issue with your ad, they most often give you some sort of message when you log in to your backend and that might help. Agree that a notecard would be good to include so that you are sending folks "something" .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.