Mesh Clothing makers, Please Include the Alpha Mask Texture

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Often, I find an article of mesh clothing that I love that has an alpha mask that needs to be altered to work perfectly with my avatar.  More often than not, the creator does not include the alpha mask texture, so that I must start from scratch making my own alpha mask, when it would be much quicker and easier to make a small change in the one the creator used.

Creators, it doesn't cost you anything to include the texture, and it makes life easier for people who are particular about their appearance, which is probably most people who buy mesh clothing, so please do it

• Like 1

Excellent suggestion.  Count me as picky too if you want, but I don't want any skin sticking through the mesh or parts of my body seeming to be invisible from certain angles.

I've gotten to the point now that when I try on the demo, if the alpha isn't perfect and I have to make a new one from scratch its no sale, regardless of how I like the outfit. I used to make my own alphas i needed but it is just too time consuming to make them from scratch. 

There is really nothing special about an alpha that the texture shoudln't be included.  It does not have to be part of the demo, just the product actually purchased.

If you don't want ot include the texture then please be sure to take the time to make the alpha edges follow the mesh exactly so nothing can stick through it.  Also put the outfit and alpha on and view your avatar from all angles and make sure that you can't see any holes in the avi.  For skirts above the knee, please don't make the alpha cover everything under the skirt.  When you sit in the skirt even in a modest pose people can see up the skirt a bit and it is disconcerting to see nothing there.  The inner thigh area does NOT need to be invisible.

I'm amazed tht many times you can te;l a lot of effort was put into the mesh cothing but the alpha looks like it was an after thought and hastily done.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.