Door opening problem ***Help***

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everyone,

I'm have a issue with doors in a recent home build I'm doing. I have 2 single doors in this house and a double front door. I have linked the doors to the house via the floor or wall and they open fine. But, when I open a single door the double front door opens too :/  and when I want to open the slave side of the double front door the door rotates 270 degrees. It's getting frustrating. I wrote the creator. And they said to link it to a different channel in the link set. What does that mean? Channel? I never heard of this. The only solution I can come up with is to split the house in half and link each side. One side with the single doors and the other side with the double doors. I'm trying not to have to do this.

Any help would be appreciated. Merry Christmas!

Jacki

The solution depends on exactly how your door scripts are written.  Double doors are usually scripted to talk to each other, so that a click on one activates the other one as well. If you are using the same script for your single doors, then they may also respond to each other and to the double door.  It sounds like your doors are playing some variation on that theme.  The creator is telling you to change the communication channel so that the doors can't hear each other.  To do that, you may need to have mod access to the scripts.  Assuming that you do, you'll have to find the llListen commands in each set of doors and replace whatever channel number they are using with a different one.  That could be a very easy job -- and wouldn't even require access to the scripts -- if the doors are configured with a notecard (see the instructions that came with them).  You'll just have to see.

As for the 270 degree rotation, that's one of several things that can happen if you don't reset door scripts after you put the doors in place, or don't tell the doors which way to swing.  Again, this should be covered in the setup instructions that came with the doors, because the details depend on exactly how their scripts were written. 

Sorry I can't offer anything more than these generic comments.  Everyone writes door scripts in a different way, so it's impossible to be more specific about yours. 

Thank you so much Rolig! I'll look at the scripts when I get inworld again. They should be full perm. Also, The double doors work fine as long as the single doors aren't linked to the house. So I think this llListen thing will help with all the issues. I'll let ya know. ETA; Does it matter what the number for the channel is?

Hugs!

Jacki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.