That bright pink thing

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

All going swimmingly well, yeah. I even used a homemade physics model on my last upload and got a very complex build in at 1 LI.

MEANWHILE -----

Somewhere along the way I did something (who knows?) and I ended up with my camera (remember that camera? :D) body showing up as bright, bright pink. Now I remember a tutorial that mentioned that and I think it has something to do with textures but trying to let Google clue me in is so not working. I end up with links to Amazon and pink blenders (the milkshake kind). So hints about what that bright pink thing is would be appreciated.

I had one part of my camera on one layer and another (possibly imported -- it gets blurry) on another. While I could join them I couldn't get the physics mode to encompass both of them at once. Not a biggie. I uploaded them separately and linked, but wondering what I did "wrong". Realize it is a choice thing but informed minds want to know.

Thanks all.

Hi :)

very quick .........................

pink mesh ...............

Chic Aeon wrote:

I had one part of my camera on one layer and another (possibly imported -- it gets blurry) on another. While I could join them I couldn't get the physics mode to encompass both of them at once. Not a biggie. I uploaded them separately and linked, but wondering what I did "wrong". Realize it is a choice thing but informed minds want to know.

With both layers open right mouse click to select object 1 , and shift select object 2

Shift D to make acopy of both objects and   M t omove them to a seperate layer

With both objects still selected Ctrl J to join them into one mesh

Now when u make a physics mesh (box shape for example) it will cover the now single mesh in the SL uploader

i always thought that if u select 2 seperate meshes (objects ) and upload together and made a physics shape that would cover both that would be ok but as u say the physics mesh only works on one of the 2 objects .

Maybe there is a checkbox for things like that in the collada exporter side panel in blender  or someone will be along to expalin why it is as it is .

• Like 1

Reply to my own question , will act as a reminder to myself and if anyone else had a similar question :

Aquila Kytori wrote:

i always thought that if u select 2 seperate meshes (objects ) and upload together and made a physics shape that would cover both that would be ok but as u say the physics mesh only works on one of the 2 objects .

Maybe there is a checkbox for things like that in the collada exporter side panel in blender  or someone will be along to expalin why it is as it is .

Drongle wrote in this thread :

message 15

There is an important aspect of uploading multiple meshes that is probably the vunderlying cause of your physics shape problems. The uploader has to try to match one mesh in each of the LOD dae files (if you supply them), and in the physics dae file with one mesh in the HIGH LOD file. After that association is made, each physics mesh is the stretched to fit the bounding box of the associated visible mesh.

For this to work properly, the corresponding meshes (Blender objevts) must be in the same order in both files, and there must be the same number of them. So if you have only the three boxes in you physics file and more objects in your LOD file, and you have not controlled the order by using the name sort export option, all sorts of things can happen, including random visual meshes getting the physics and some not getting any. The ones that don't get any would not have the "Prim" shape option because that requires a specified physics shape. 

Thanks again drongle

OK. I discovered something today and wanted to add to this post for those with the PINK issue in Blender. I figured out WHY the pink issue happens :D.

I moved the .blend file to another directory and the program, much like video processing, relies on the paths to stay the same. So the map is acutally still attached to that file (hence my textures working just fine even though missing on the model).

I tend to move my files at the end for neatness and that is most likely NOT the best plan LOL. Now I know and will change my wicked ways.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.