how can i upload pictures from sl to my email

Sharmaine Lauria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4208 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

It's been a long time since I saved a snapshot to my inventory (I always save to disk now) but I believe the permissions default to "no copy, no transfer". You need to change the permissions to "copy, mod, transfer" (assuming you are the creater of the texture/image). You should then be able to "save as" to your hard drive.

Hmmm... I thought your own pic defaulted to full perms, but maybe not. That should still only affect the next owner, in any case, not you. You always have full perms on anything you create yourself. It could be the viewer, though. Firestorm has a Save As button right on the pic. There should still be a Save As (or Download Image) option in either the Me menu or the Build menu on the V3 viewer, though.

After Rolig mentioned that a snapshot to inventory is full permissions by default I tried it.  As I said in the Permalink post I made, it's been a long time since I have saved a snapshot to my inventory and wanted to know for sure.  Well, using the SL official Viewer 3, I was wrong.  The snapshot is defaulted to full permission for the creator (you do have to allow full permissions for the next owner, as Rolling said, but the creator can do anything he/she wants with the image by default).

That being the case, I just don't know what the problem might be unless Sharmaine is not the creator............so something weird happened to change the permissions.  The permissions for the creator are greyed out which even the creator cannot change the full permissions for him/herself.  I'm including a screenshot of my save to inventory snapshot that I did to see the defaults.

Default permissions.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4208 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.