Mesh is making me want to punch an infant. Halp.

Czertza

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to start off by saying my question *has* to have come up before, but I simply havn't been able to spot an adequate solution - no matter how many searches I make.

Secondly, I want to say that it should not be this damn difficult to do what I'd like to. So either I'm incredibly stupid, or someone's havin' a laugh at my expense.

So, it's pretty simple. I've got my DAE mesh. It's just a single piece outfit. I want to rig the thing so that when I upload it, it won't look like picasso sneezed on SecondLife. Now, I simply have no idea how to rig the mesh, and none of the video tutorials I've found help *at all* because either their presentation sucked bad, or because they were using older versions of Blender.

By the way, I am using the latest version of Blender.

I mean, this single thing *should* be simple, right? It should be a manner of step by step? So why is it being such a right pain in my backside?

If anyone knows of a good guide for the latest version of Blender, that'd be fantastic.

Most of my up to date rigging sources for blender are paid, but there is a wealth of free info that is still relevant on cgcookie.com/blender. Of course presentation is partially subjective.

I'm currently working on a mesh avatar and when I get to the point of rigging it for second life I'd be glad to share some instruction with screenshots. Outside of that, I'll look up some links when I get home if no one has already helped you.

In the mean time, go look for an infant to punch.

That was one of the things that is a big stuggle for most when they begin using blender, including my self. The Older videos are fantastic but finding where everything has moved to can be difficult. But the modeling/rigging process is the same and concept the same . The interface has only changed. I made it a point to search vidoes for 2.6 and cgcookie was an awesome help for me learning the 2.6 interface modeling... Now it is easy watching old videos and knowing right where everything is located. LOL hang in there

And please don't punch any infants :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.