Zoom View

Fate Blindside

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Fate Blindside wrote:

Just wondering if there is any way to know if someone is watching you from far away in "Zoom view"?

Not in any reliable way, no. There are camera hints if a person directly selects your avatar, but this only works in a few cases. If the observer pans around, the pointer will not change. No hint at all is generated if the observer is using a Space Navigator or similar pointing device.

I'm not saying the reaction is right or wrong, but I'm curious. Why do people care if someone clicks their avatar? Unless you are on your own land or somewhere you expect privacy. If you are in a store, or mall, or club, does it matter if someone looks at your avatar?

I have clicked on an avatar before out of curiosity, and they run away like they are on fire. Some people really have extreme reactions to those little crosshairs.

If you want privacy, and you own or have rights to your land, in the viewer menues, go to World, About Land, Options and turn off (uncheck) "Avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel".  You can also go to World, About Land, Sound and "Restrict voice to this parcel". This does not provide 100% security, because people can fly over your parcel and cam down to see you, but if they are doing that, you will see them on the Mini-Map  (Control Shift M).

So long as you have this set right, they can not see you with zoom view if they are on any other parcel.

Be aware they can still see decorations and furniture in you house. Only avatars are hidden.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.