Cannot log in in beta viewer + problems with uploads

Celena Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I DO NOT GET ANY HELP IN THIS SECTION . I SOLVE THE PROBLEM ALONE WITH FORMAT.THANK YOU.

Message before edit :

even if i can log in with singularity . firestorm and v3 viewer i cannot log in to beta viewer.. it shows me that i put wrong password or wrong nickname. but both are correct. I tried to change the pass word and again the same.... i can log in into the worlds but not in beta........ 

I have and another one problem with my viewers. Even if i can upload images e.t.c. with singularity,when im trying to upload with firestorm and v3 i get crash errors . I have try clear cashe,updates,reinstall,clear install and everything and the problem is still going......

updated:

Computer:

intel core i5 2410m

ram4gb

ati radeon 6650

64 bit

windows 7 

My computer works perfect in ultra graphics without any problem

Viewers:

Secondlife V3 : the latest version (updated)  Problem in upload (crash errors)

Firestorm: The latest version (updated)  Problem in upload (crash errors)

Singularity : The latest Version (updated) : No problem in upload

Catnip : The latest version (updated) :  Problem in upload (crash errors)

I have already try : 

Clear cashe

Delete roam files e.t.c

Reinstall

Clear reinstall : Delete and again install

Connection : Is not my connection,i have very high connection without any problem)

Account on beta viewer : The problem to log in into beta is only on my one account (i have a new account that is 1 week old) and i dont know why.... maybe because its new???

I am using the Beta version of the viewer and not having a problem.

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. Get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

With login problems let us know the time you were trying to login and what destination/region.

You could try specifying your login destination. Use Pooley or Furball. If the SL Viewer is set to use Last Location or a home location, that location may be the problem.

There are a number of things that can happen to prevent login. But, being able to login with other viewers definitely suggests a problem specific to the SL Viewer. I suggest you try some steps to see if you can find it.

One is look in the log file and see if it lists what is failing. 

Windows 7 and Vista: C:\Users\Username\Update\Roaming\SecondLife\logs\SecondLife.log

Search for 'error'. Start from the end and search back. Hopefully the error notice will say something meaningful.

Try clearing the cache. Different viewers use different caches. So, it may be something in the cache. This is a last resort kind of thing.

Next, try resetting the viewer: Delete the file: C:\Users\[win_login_id]\AppData\Roaming\Secondlife\user_settings\settings.xml

You could also rename it. If it makes no difference, you could revert back to it. Removing the file or renaming it forces the viewer to create a new one and it uses all the default settings.

If those steps have not solved the problem try a clean install. Second Life Clean Install - these instruction are old but they are about the only explanation of how to handle multiple viewer brand installs.

If you keep having the problem check the connection to SL, not just your general Internet connection but specifically the connection to SL. Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection

Celena, do you have Apple's iCloud with the PhotoStream component installed on your computer?

This is known to cause crashes when you try to access the file picker - usually you will be able to upload/save once or twice per session but then you will freeze on next attempt.

Microsoft Skydrive will also cause this issue.

If you have Skydrive installed, either uninstall it, or see the workaround here

If you have iCloud/PhotoStream installed, either uninstall it or see the workaround here

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.