Deleted Items?

Ego Essex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I found a problem with one of my products and fixed it in world.  I then put it back into the merchant outbox and uploaded it with the exact same name and it came out as an unassociated item.  The old listing was still there, and I tried to edit it but when I clicked to change the associated object, the unassociated Item was not listed.  So I  just went into the unassociated item and recreated the same ad and then deleted the old object.  But after I did that I realized that all the people that bought that object is associated with that listing, so I Can't re deliver, they can't review and I lost all my reviews.  Is there any way to get a deleted item back? I imagine not, but how am i supposed to update when it doesn't let me choose another object to associate it with ?  It seems like there are a lot of other problems with marketplace too it's really frustrating to work with. 

I don't know about undeleting items, but Darrius posted a wonderful guide on how to update products with the new DD.

Don't blame the misshap on the system, blame it on yourself for not taking 1 min to google "How to update products with direct delivery" because the below was from the very first link ;)

Darrius Gothly wrote:

The "Automatic Link" only happens when converting a Magic Box deliverable product to Direct Delivery; updating requires manual action.

This document details how to do an update of an existing Direct Delivery product:

I don't know if you did it immediately after, but when I update my products, I have found you have to wait about 5 minutes for it to appear in the list to be able to associate it with a current product. It shows up immediately in my merchant listings to create a new product, but for editing, you have to wait. Also read the guide posted above, it explains everything clearly.

Thanks for the link, I read it. I did exactly as that link says, including searching for the object, before getting frustrated and creating a new item without thinking.  But thank you, Deja. Next time I will try to wait 5 minutes for it to appear. 

Ego Essex is right!
There is a problem with this i just made a new listing for a new product i made. I sent it as a folder with the contents inside. After reading over my description i noticed i forgot to add the alpha layer. So i thought No problem i will just re upload the folder with the alpha layer inside and it will push the old folder into unassociated items right? Nope that didnt happen the new folder with the new contents was not there. I had to delete the entire listing and contents folder and make a completely new one to get the correct contents. So yes i agree with Ego Essex this is a new issue with the marketplace. It always used to push the old folder to unassociated items.

Your right I am wrong. All this time I have been sending important updates to the market place thinking that the associated item is being automatically updated and pushing the old item to unassociated. This is mighty embarrassing I have no idea how or why I was lead to believe this. I’m very sorry yes this is not a bug.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.