why does my viewer flash off and on

Julie Ezvalt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

when i open any viewer, SL, Phoenix or Firestorm, the viewer flashes off and on about once a second and it is driving me crazy. Almost to the extent of stopping SL and I love it. can anyone help me. it happens even when not connected to the internet so it is not a server issue. AND since it happens on all viewers it must be a video driver or computer problem. I am running windows 7 home premium 64 bit and i have a NVIDIA GeForce 7050 card. I have 750GB on the  hard drive and 4GB DDR2 memory. the problems started when i used a driver update service to update all my drivers. I hope someone can help me.

2 answers to this question

It does sound like a bad installation of a driver, or maybe an inappropriate driver.  When you download a replacement, try removing the previous driver before you install the new one instead of writing over it.  Here's the most current NVidia driver.....  Latest driver Last checked Nov 10- Windows: 306.97 (Oct 10) - Linux: 304.64 (Nov 06)

BTW, I don't understand the bit about "it happens even when not connected to the internet so it is not a server issue."  If you're not connected to the Internet, your viewer will not work at all.

You should go back to the restore point just before you installed drivers using syetm restore function on windows7.

Then make sure everything is alright and retry dirver update.

btw, the blender2.49b does not work on nvidia 306-97 driver, but windows update always try to install it! grrrrr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.