Script to make a door slide and swing smoothly at the same time.

DJLoom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, 

This is a request for a script which can rotate and slide an object in a smooth fassion at the same time. Simple configuration elements need to be present in the script, for example on what axis to swing and what axis to slide. Amount in degrees to swing and meters to slide, time taken to open. Auto close time. Finally the script must still beable to work if the object it is part of, is rotated

Thank you.

DJLoom wrote:

Yes exactly, only slower and smoother with the option to change the axis and distance for the sliding and the axis and degree of rotation

the way it's set you can change the axis of the primset's slide and direction as a simple vector <x,1.0,z> meters. 

the rotation is a touch toggle that can be changed to any axis and any required degree, eg. <x,90,z>. it'll work in any inworld rezzed orientation since it's acting on the local axis. the slowness would need an adjustment of steps i'd have to find and add. as it is, it's simply 1 step llSetRot(). 

i'm quite proud of it and would love to have it used more extensively for a multitude of uses. unfortunately, i can't give it out free. i'm sure someone here would be able to help teach you the functions imagined.

it's really, from my limited experience, awe inspiring rocket science. if you're interested i could send you a sample inworld next time i'm on.

Ok wow great. Could you send me a sample please? The intended use is to use it on these doors on my furniture project. I'm making items of furniture in second life with super high detail but super low prim using using a variety of my own custom sculpts. Thanks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.