TP to button in viewers radars

Marmar Karu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Marmar Karu wrote:

Am i so wrong to think that respect should be a given in a place like SL, as most would respect people in RL for their privacy?

I agree that respect should be given.  There is no argument about or against that. 

But SL does mimic RL at times and sometimes in worse ways.  I once lived in a neighborhood with a snoopy neighbor.  If you left your front door open she would just walk in your house without knocking!  We'd catch her looking in our trash cans!

And just like in RL, if you live in a tenement building with card board walls, your neighbors will know what you are doing whether you like it or not.  And you will hear all their business also.

The first place that I lived in SL was in an apartment building and there was no privacy.  I got to "hear" all the dirty talk when people forgot to use Private Message.

As I stated above, we need features to navigate in SL.  Sadly, those same tools wil be abused by a few people.  Same way people do in RL.  Right now you are living in a place that you can't close your drapes: It doesn't have any.  And the way SL is, if you want the kind of privacy you are talking about here, you will need to find a home that does have drapes.

Marmar Karu wrote:

Am i so wrong to think that respect should be a given in a place like SL, as most would respect people in RL for their privacy? I mean do so many walk up to or flawk to a person RL window to see what they are doing inside. Just cause of curiousity is killing the cat..

I know places in RL that people do exactly that. In the red-light districts of European cities where the "girls" sit in the windows and by-passers check them out.

AND THAT IS BASICALLY WHERE YOU LIVE IN SL.

If you want a quiet life you probably don't want to rent a room in a red-light district.

Also, you've blocked your profile from anyone who uses web-based profiles so you can't expect anyone to read a profile that's invisible.

is quite interesting your profile. interesting bc is contradictory. your profile infers/asks for privacy. (like none of your business) and then gives out way more than pretty much any other profile of any avatar typically found on a A sim

contradictions always attract attention, curiousity even from other people

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.