Sign in to follow this  
Fotios Kahanamoku

the last 24 hours,i cant buy lindens

Question

Issues with prepaid and gift cards

A common cause of payment method failure is the use of unsupported card types. At this time, the majority of prepaid cards are not compatible with our system, even if they bear the VISA/AMEX/Mastercard logo. This includes cards purchased at retail stores, rechargeable credit cards, and bank-issued check cards.

See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037#Section_.3 for a list of the accepted payment methods.

7 answers to this question

Issues with prepaid and gift cards

A common cause of payment method failure is the use of unsupported card types. At this time, the majority of prepaid cards are not compatible with our system, even if they bear the VISA/AMEX/Mastercard logo. This includes cards purchased at retail stores, rechargeable credit cards, and bank-issued check cards.

See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037#Section_.3 for a list of the accepted payment methods.

hi rolig, thanks for your reply.
I have used the very same prepaid card successfuly for over 6 months until yesterday, And before that i used an other prepaid card of the same type for about 2 years.So unless something changed the last 24 hours. My card is totaly compatible wirh your system.

It's not MY system. I'm a SL resident like you. There are no Lindens here. You have been very lucky for over 6 months. Most prepaid cards do not work at all. It sounds as if LL's system finally realized that yours was a problem.

this doesnt make any sense.

But i appreciate your concern and your effort to help.My prepaid cards belong to the "Accepted currencies and payment methods" list of the link you provided me,so the issue is something else.

Thank you.

Other residents have been having issues. It took a long time to appear on the grid status, but your problem may be related to this:

[Posted] Unscheduled Billing System Maintenance

[Posted 6:55am PST, 13 November 2012] Our billing system is currently undergoing unscheduled maintenance. This can result in updates to credit card information not updating and some payments to fail. Please refrain from making any purchases at this time. We will update as soon as maintenance is completed.

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2012/11/13/post1820/

• Like 1