Spell fire for dummies ?

xXCorellXx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ok making it short and painfull lol
as far as i do understand does spell fire just as most cmbat systems refer to comand channel for incomming messages like damage healing etc , so basicly could be a existing damage script be changed into one that works for SF or the gramar of the script be changed so that triggered damage can be translated into sf damage.

for example guns and rifles that are easy to achive with some changes turning into SF compatible, or grenades and mines etc

my question is, is my understanding of this correct Or am i on the wrong way because the dialouge between meter and item is totaly diferent then i thought

float force_amount = 999999999999999999999999999999.0;

default {     on_rez(integer start_param)     {         llPreloadSound("HOLYGRENADE");         }         collision_start(integer total_number) {         llPreloadSound("Explosion");         }         collision_start(integer total_number)         {             llSetDamage(5000);             if (llDetectedType(0) & AGENT)             llPushObject(llDetectedKey(0), force_amount*llRot2Up(llGetRot()), ZERO_VECTOR, FALSE);             llTriggerSound("Explosion", 10.0);             llMakeExplosion(20, 1.0, 5, 3.0, 1.0, "Smoke", ZERO_VECTOR);             llMakeExplosion(20, 1.0, 5, 3.0, 1.0, "fire", ZERO_VECTOR);             llDie();         }     }

ok what I would like with this script is that it plays Two sounds not just one the holygrenade sound first and then the explosion, if i did it wrong by setting it up in the reading order is my understanding so far no fully evolved hahaha

ok i think i kinda figured how to avoid getting into too deep sf reading up by adding a trap script that causes damage on touch for avatars, my understanding then is that explosion and trap damage requires touch and will with the temporary item end in one time damage only because the explosion kills the prim

ok trial and fail showed directly that i have no clue how to set up a SF trap script 
any advice possible the item i want to use is  asingle prim and i think it should stay that way
i tried also just set up cubes and stuff and added the trap script without any result at all besides not functioning

I don't have a clue what you are doing, or what a SF trap script is.  If that's one, it's ancient and non-functional.  llMakeExplosion was deprecated ages ago.  Maybe if you begin at square one and explain what you are hoping to accomplish, it might help.  Also, if you are posting scripts here, please format them so that they are readable -- with lines separated properly indented at least, and using the code widget (the little square "C" above the edit window).

{ on_rez(integer start_param) { } state_entry() { llPreloadSound("HOLYGRENADE"); llPreloadSound("Explosion"); } collision_start(integer total_number) { llSetDamage(5000); if (llDetectedType(0) & AGENT) { llPushObject(llDetectedKey(0), force_amount*llRot2Up(llGetRot()), ZERO_VECTOR, FALSE); llTriggerSound("HOLYGRENADE", 1.0); llTriggerSound("Explosion", 1.0); llMakeExplosion(20, 1.0, 5, 3.0, 1.0, "Smoke", ZERO_VECTOR); llMakeExplosion(20, 1.0, 5, 3.0, 1.0, "fire", ZERO_VECTOR);

llDie(); } } }

you forgot brackets after the if...and had 2 collision_starts?

also, sound volume is 0.0  to 1.0

That's because you forgot to define force_amount.  If you use a good script editor, it will pick up those errors. :smileywink:

Also, as I pointed out earlier, the function llMakeExplosion was deprecated years ago.  You should be using llParticleSystem and defining a set of particle parameters there instead.

the script just works fine because its just to destroy the prim and do some puff and smoke nothing too fancy at all
the sounds are whats in the spotlight because all the other features like damage are already provided for and so far no complains about functionality from my side 

Spell Fire is intended to be a closed combat system for fantasy SIMs.   You really don't want to mess with it from a social standpoint since SIM owners adopt the system based on the fact that it's closed.   Really to be IMO just from a respect standpoint you probably shouldn't just because you can.

On the Aside SF is purely a collision based combat system.   Sword Swings, Arrows, Magic and similar hit purely because a transparent/nontransparent prim hit you.

As of 2 years ago you could change the name of any prim to the same name that SF uses for damage and it would damage meters just fine.   With LSL updates since then it might not work since dectecting the creator of an object is a bit more lightwieght now, meaning it could have been added to new meters.

So really something as simple as say Creating a sphere with the right name on it,  then have rezzing a short lived particle spammer and LLDie()  trigger on collision is enough.

like almost every combat system, spellfire does NOT publish how to create items that do damage

- since then tons of griefers would run around creating massive weapons and wrecking everyones fun.

If you want to create a legitimate SF weapon, you go to "Stone Keep" ndf buy a specific weapon developers kit

- long bow kit, sword kit, etc- usuallyaround 3000L

- *and* the  scripts are NO-MOD so you cant see them and change them to do improper damage

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.