Strange behaviour of textures on animated sculpties

Innula Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm baffled by this one.   

Background:   I've dug out an old octopus made from sculpts and textures I bought, and which I originally animated using zFire's Prim Animation scripts.    I'm sure the octopus was working OK a year or so ago, when I made it, but now the textures are glitching horribly on three of the legs.   I went through the scripts and removed everything apart from the PRIM_POSITION/PRIM_ROTATION stuff,  but no change.   I re-did the animation using Puppeteer, but it's behaving just the same.   

As an experiment, I've tried setting the texture as the default blank one, the repeats to 1x1 and offsets to 0,0, but it still glitches (though slighly differently).   It's doing it me in Catznip and the Official Viewer on Windows 7, and to my business partner in Firestorm on a Mac, so I don't think it can be to do with the computer or viewer.    

Anyone got any idea what's happening or how to fix it?

I sure don't know what's going on there, but I'm vaguely reminded of two things, neither of which seem relevant. The first is the glitch-prone hack that associates two surface textures to a single sculpt (can't find the relevant link at the moment, but you probably remember that better than I do, since I've repressed all memory of sculpts). The second, by appearance only, is the wackiness where another particle texture from elsewhere in a scene will flash into an ongoing particle display, which I believe is fixed in versions of the viewer source still stuck in beta.

Thanks, Qie.   As you may have seen, I asked about this in another place, too, and it seems to be a widespread problem, whatever exactly is causing it.

I'll have a look round and, if I can find some reasonably-mesh components, may have a go at rebuilding it and see if that helps.

Ah, we're getting somewhere.   I've just tried it with the latest beta, Second Life 3.4.1 (266251) Oct 24 2012 11:59:22 (Second Life Beta Viewer), and that seems to fix it.   So maybe, when the beta code finally makes it into the official viewer, that might solve the issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.