I'm being logged out. Please help me :(

Livegna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

“ Darn. You have been logged out of Second Life.

This region maybe experiencing trouble. Please check your connection to the Internet.”

This message has been popping every time I log in . This started just hours ago, but before that i was always crashing and every time I log in it loads so slow, took me minutes to rezz. I know it's not the Internet connection 'cause mines fast and good. I tried logging in to Furball as i red some of the forrums but nothing is happening :catsad:

Will I be able log in again? The forums i red concerns me because I worked hard just to make my avi look beautiful and was earning hard  Lindens for her. I'm worried sick right now, she's like my baby!!! Arrgghhh, :matte-motes-crying:

Please help me with this. I appreciate (in advance) every suggestions you give.

I expect you will be able to log in, but  first you need to fix the problem.  

Frist -- quick try.  Turn off your computer.  Disconnect it from the house power line.  Disconnect your router from the house power line.  Do the same for your modem.    Leave them off for about 10 minutes.  Then connect power to the modem.   After 5 minutes, reconnect your router.   Wait 5 minutes.  Turn on your computer.  When your computer is running, open your browser.  Then start SL.  

These steps reset things and can fix some problems with settings that get messed up.  If this does not fix things, here is an article that may help:
 Login failure

Don't assume your connection is OK because you have no other problems with the internet.. SL uses ports not used by most other programs.  Sometimes routers fail on those ports.  (That happened to me.)  Sometimes (rarely) ISPs block some of these ports.  Sometimes  ISPa lie about the band width they are reliably delivering to you.  

These actions have worked for most problems I have heard of.

TKR

Thanks Mr.. Melville, I tried opening my account to another computer and was relieved that i'm able to log in xD though i tried opening again to my main computer but it's still logging me out, I guess I'll try to  reformat my computer since my brother told me it has a virus XO Thanks so much for the help, I'll post the result after reformatting my computer :D

Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers first? Why reformat if you don't need to? Why would your brother assume you have a virus? Don't you have any anti-virus software installed on your computer?

Also, what are your computer specifications? Graphics card especially?

Symptoms of being slow to load and quickly crashing are indicative of insufficient memory, graphics card not being high spec enough and/or poor internet connection.

Livegna wrote:

Thanks Mr.. Melville, I tried opening my account to another computer and was relieved that i'm able to log in
xD
though i tried opening again to my main computer but it's still logging me out, I guess I'll try to  reformat my computer since my brother told me it has a virus XO Thanks so much for the help, I'll post the result after reformatting my computer
:D

If you receive a login failure message stating that "The system is logging you out...," try waiting a few minutes before logging in again. If you continue to receive this message, you may be a victim of "stuck presence," which can be fixed by restarting the region in which your avatar is stuck.

You will have to file a support ticket with LL to get the region restarted if you cannot contact the owner of the region you are in. If you are a Premium Resident you can usually file a live chat and a Linden will restart the region immediately.

I've had this happen to me before.

The formatting helped :D. I don't have antivirus installed so I assumed it had a virus and my brother, who's an IT student agreed. I was planning to reformat it anyways because I have lot of files that can't be open. Btw thanks for the help :)

FireFox Bancroft wrote:

Livegna wrote:

Thanks Mr.. Melville, I tried opening my account to another computer and was relieved that i'm able to log in
xD
though i tried opening again to my main computer but it's still logging me out, I guess I'll try to  reformat my computer since my brother told me it has a virus XO Thanks so much for the help, I'll post the result after reformatting my computer
:D

If you receive a login failure message stating that "The system is logging you out...," try waiting a few minutes before logging in again. If you continue to receive this message, you may be a victim of "stuck presence," which can be fixed by restarting the region in which your avatar is stuck.

You will have to file a support ticket with LL to get the region restarted if you cannot contact the owner of the region you are in. If you are a Premium Resident you can usually file a live chat and a Linden will restart the region immediately.

I've had this happen to me before.

Stuck presence was fixed a long long time ago.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.