i was sent a notice to allow someone to takeover my keyboard and i said yes,,Help!

flowersongs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Control of a keyboard, I'm not familiar with that. Have you lost control of your keyboard in SL? Have you experienced any effects as result? Maybe the person does not have control, or, it was Regional, local, temporary. 

You could select the "stop all animations". or "stop animating my avatar".  It's something like that, in the top tool bar.

You could open your Inventory folder and look to see if you are wearing an object you do not recognize as part of your outfit. Type the worn into Inventory. 

Clear your SL cache, relog.

Update here if the problem persist.

• Like 1

I am not aware of a way in which someone IN SL can take control of your keyboard.  You may have responded to a request to "take over your avatar's control inputs" or some such.

If you are using RLV, log out, re-open the login page, go to your Preferences, disable RLV, and re-log.  You may also wish to Block (mute) the avatar who did this.  (If you are using the standard viewer, you are NOT using RLV and can ignore this part of my comment.)

If you responded to someone's suggestion that they help you troubleshoot your computer, there are programs and websites they may have requested you install or go to in order for them to remotely access your computer.  Only do this if you know and trust the helper!  These steps might have started from a conversation in SL, but would involve your taking actions outside of SL.  If this is what happened in your case, you must find and remove any remote access software that you installed.  You may need to go as far as reformatting your hard drive and setting up your computer from scratch, if you think the person has evil intentions.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.