Database/inventory problem

Alexius Gant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, 

My problem started almost 2 weeks ago, when i tryed to wear a shape i have read a message "impossible found a bodypart called **** in the database", i thought was a little problem , but after other days the situation is very frustrating.

Actually i cant wear anything in my inventory because every single bodypart or clothing texture (then i have import or i have buy) i cant wear because appear always the database problem, i can wear only the attachment (mesh or sculpt).

And the problem now is also for the import, i can import texture for clothing and i cant import animations, when i try to import animations , i see the preview window but if i click play for see te preview nothing happen and too if i click on the import button.

So really i dont know what i can doing, i have clear cache, tryed different viewer, i have format my pc too for see if was my pc problem.

I am designer and have the same problem, but only with the things I created myself lately.. I can still use 'old' items in my inventory (also my own).. I contacted support after getting to many grey hairs trying to fix it myself, and they have been very helpful.

They told me that the items was not totally lost from inventory and told me to do these steps while they ran a script... (If you are premium then contact them so they can run a fix for you, but if not, then still try these steps, who knows, it might work)

My problems are 'almost' fixed.. which means, the items is there now, just blank without the texture on, but since I made it myself, I got the texture so I can fix it... I just need to redo everything I made lately...

I found that it was important to use a SL viewer, or it wouldnt work for me.

Menu > Preferences > Network > Clear Cache and exit SL.. Then log in again, to a quiet region as Lime, Welsh or Pooley. Let inventory load and stay there for at least 20 minuts.

Then it worked for me... sorta... But.. I also had them running the background fix (or sumthing) while I did it..

I hope it works out..

Blessings Lis

what to do.jpg

Hello, looks this problem is getting worse. Boxed outfits for sale i did long ago lost textures and even the textures in my inventory went blank so i have to upload them and create the clothes and upload to marketplace ... again.

For now i stop create anything new just try to sort the complains about older outfits, very very frustrating !

Monti

• 1 month later...

I finally got the answer how to remove that error.. It took just over a month with constant contact with support to finally fix my *Failed to find in database error* so I am going to share it as I know there is several that has same problem aswell.

The problem is hidden in your lost and found folder,

if you have some coalesced objects, see the picture   -->  objectsssssssssssss.png

Support told me this;

In your lost and found folder, you have coalesced objects.  Please rez them and pick them up one at a time.  After you do that, if you are still having issues, please do a complete clean uninstall.

You need to keep your lost and found folder clean of these objects all the time.. I had a new one in mine that gave me the error back again cause my partner returned a house with items to me the other day, which was not linked and powww I had database error back.. *whispers...Me aint as big as a house.... yet...  *shakes her head and gigglesss.. .. But how a house should effect my skin, puzzels me, but anyway... it works and that is what matters... so try it...

I do hope this works for you aswell... (((I did also the uninstall they told me about, but I dont think its nessasary.. clear catche and restart ought to be enough..))

Blessings

Lis / madam Martian

• 2 months later...

The "coalesced object" solution has not worked for me. I not only removed them from my lost and found folder, but systematically removed them from my inventory altogether. Re logged.. rebooted.. hopped from 1 low traffic sim to another...cleared cache...stood still as a statue until I was fully loaded. 12 hours later, my cutom non copyable and very expensive shape, is still " unable to be located in the database". This is so frustrating. Its beyond rediculous. If there is anyone out there with a soution, please help, I implore you. Thankyou in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE Jan-8th 2013

Carina and I, two designer's have spend A LOT of time on this issue.. as we both had it and it unfortunally continued a while after we did the coalesced objects.. (it worked okay with the coalesced objects for a few days and then the problems came back..)  :/

Anyway.. we finally did find the answer... If you have more viewers downloaded to your computer, then their bridges dont 'agree/talk' (sorry am not english) so you need to remove the viewer(s) you do not use...

My own computer crashed a while after we found all this out, but it worked good with one viewer, before it crashed and it crashed for a whole other reason that had nothing to do with SL at all.. So I was bold and tried to download 3 viewers.. and so far it works okay (none of those 3 are sl own viewer. it was last time).. so maybe its enough to remove the viewers, do a cleanup on the computer (diskclean or what is the english name?) and then either go with the safe way, to only use one viewer.. or give it a try to download other viewers..

But.. the issue is multiple viewers that dont 'talk' to each other and creates this issue... we are very sure of this, as we have put a lot of time into finding out.. its no use being designer and not being able to design.. So we did what I personally think LL should have done... *sit down in my corner and waits paitently for my payment check and giggless..

I hope it can help someone else aswell.. and that is why I am posting this..

Carina.. ty gorgeous for your input and role in this and for putting up with me... Im proud in we did something that LL aperently couldnt figure out.. humm.. we should tell them shouldnt we? so they know the answer when someone ask..  *smiless

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.