New Mesh Store Help, please!

Buck Dallas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi :) 

My name is Kyle, and I'm a new designer in Second Life.. I make mesh furniture, and I just can't seem to get my name out there and get people to visit my store (.lame furniture, btw) 

So i wanted to post in here and see if maybe anyone had some advice for me on how to get your name really out there? I tried to apply to some of the events that I really like, but it just seems like no one is interested or they are always offline and don't recieve my offline IM's/Notecards. So does anyone know of anything that is accepting new designers? Or does anyone know a way that I could get some people to check out my work? Any help would be fabulously appreciated.

I'm new to the forums! I don't know if this is against the rules, I will take it down if it is.. but heres my SLURL:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Orcus/200/226/3948

and my flickr! (add me as a contact, I loooooove stalking flickr!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/divinefalodir/

Thanks guys <3

-Kyle (Divine)

What do you mean "accepting new designers"? What groups exactly are you applying to? Are you talking about hunts perhaps?

I'm in furniture as well, and it's hard to get known but obviously it can be done, many have. It just takes persistence. I haven't visited your store yet, I'm still at work, but will try to swing by tonight, but the fact that you have a store is important! I think many businesses can go MP totally...but furniture isn't one of them. They want to try it out. I think one of the best things you can do is get involved in shopper groups like 60L weekends or anything other ones and also hunts. I swear by hunts, I have great success with them. But others don't like them. it's a difference of opinion of course,  but i like them for sheer numbers of traffic and sales and I have data to back up that success so it's not just a general like or dislike.

Of course also make sure your items are up on the MP for sure. And network with others as much as you can...or as much as they will allow you to. :)

I've been applying to most of the weekly sales groups that you can find on the seraphim website. I managed to get into a hunt called the Gimme Candy Hunt for October.. it will be my first one! And I'm down to apply for anything that I can get in.. I strive to create lots of new products, but I feel like maybe a sale group or a hunt or something like that is a much better place to release them at. Lots of my product releases just seem to slip under the radar unnoticed.

I don't understand how people find out about hunts and stuff though, I heard about the GCH from a friend. Is there some kind of network that I should be a part of where store owners hear about upcoming events like this that they can apply to? Or is it basically a word-of-mouth thing or something I have to wait to be invited to? Because I always hear about the hunts.. but not until they've started! LOL. Thank you! <3

Divine Falodir wrote:

Hi
:)

My name is Kyle, and I'm a new designer in Second Life.. I make mesh furniture, and I just can't seem to get my name out there and get people to visit my store (.lame furniture, btw) 

So i wanted to post in here and see if maybe anyone had some advice for me on how to get your name really out there? I tried to apply to some of the events that I really like, but it just seems like no one is interested or they are always offline and don't recieve my offline IM's/Notecards. So does anyone know of anything that is accepting new designers? Or does anyone know a way that I could get some people to check out my work? Any help would be fabulously appreciated.

I'm new to the forums! I don't know if this is against the rules, I will take it down if it is.. but heres my SLURL:

and my flickr! (add me as a contact, I loooooove stalking flickr!)

Thanks guys <3

-Kyle (Divine)

You must be in the Homestuff Group because I know I've seen a lot of your notices.  That group has probably been the single best method for my store, especially the hunt held a couple of months ago.

The most successful one for me has been the 60L Weekends...however, last I checked it was full. In fact I applied for one of my second stores to get in months ago and it still hasn't made it down the list yet. But it doesn't hurt to get your name on the list.

As Czari pointed out, Homestuff group is really important. That's a great one for furniture designers.

As for finding hunts, I find them in a couple of different ways. When I'm visiting friends or other stores, I see their "hunt walls". On those walls are their upcoming hunts, so I might grab a notecard from the poster to see what it's about and if it's my thing I apply.

The other thing I do is go to http://slhunts.wordpress.com/  This website is usually pretty up to date with what hunts are going on and coming up. Just keep in mind, you have to be quick. Hunts fill up fast sometimes. And when you find a REALLY good hunt...stay in the group. You'll get a notice first when the next one is. Like for example, the Twisted Hunt, I've done every time except once for the last 2-3 years. never left the group, that's how I find out when they are.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.