question about meeroos?

MercuryPrincess

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi me and my partner have recently got into breeding meeroos and i know theyre not as popular as they once were but has the market for meeroos completely....died? is it worth the linden u have to put into it? i would like to kno b4 i waste linden on something no one wants anymore....thx help appreciated

3 answers to this question

It is true that the Meeroos business is not at all what is was some months ago. Actually, it seems that only remaining market is mostly for feeding existing Meeroos, i.e. for people who still own some and don't want to see them starving and go to the wild (which is a nice way of saying "die"). Most breeders have disappeared and only the "official" Roo sim seems to be still really active, taking most of their income from Meeroos food, accessories and gadgets rather than selling those creatures.

I would personally not invest into breeding. These animals were (are) terribly expensive and, after a moment when everybody wanted to have at least one, I would say they are out of fashion now.  If it was not for kind of loving the 3 Meeroos I have left (I have lost some in the past), I would have stopped spending 1600 L every month to feed them. Seen from now, I believe I would not buy a Meeroo at all. Too expensive, not accepted everywhere (some owners prohibit breedables in their covenant).

It seems there is a new trend for other breedables such as puppies or kittens? You may have a look in that direction and see if it's worth it. Just my two cents, of course. :smileyhappy:

• Like 4

There will very likely, always be a market for virtual pets. The new Path Finding tools will make many of the previous virtual pets, technologically obsolete.

A person can have the best looking Meeroos, bunnies, or horses, but if that person doesn't understand how to market the product, sales will not be the best.

It is my opinion, that you should continue to learn by experience. Remain flexible in the type and style of virtual pets you breed. Operate a diversified farm. Multiple sources of income potential.  

• Like 2

Plain and simply put..breedables are a money sink in which only the creator gets rich.

Sure you will sell some, BUT..never enough to warrent the cost of food or prim space needed.  If you love it, do it, but know that you are only paying the creators bills, not yours.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.