Need help adjusting grass alpha texture :3

iCade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good day everyone, a while ago I found these super awesome alpha grass textures. Problem is, the maker does not supply the texture sizes it needs to have it show up on a grass sculpt perfectly. A notecard went unanswered and I have tinkered around with it so much coming quite close, but unfortunately still not being able to have it look perfect.

Is there a guide on how to adjust such textures? This is as close as I have come:

grassnotfitting.png

I really really really want to use this grass :(

The texture repeats and offsets needed for various sculpts used for grass vary, so that creator of the sculpt is the best one to ask, not the creator of the texture, who has no idea unless they use the same brand.  You sculpt should have come with a notecard giving this information or a sample you can look at.  Some even come with a script you drop in the prim that sets it automatically.

However if you didn't get any of these and can't get an answer otherwise, in general field sculpts use repeats in multiples of 4.  Some need to be rotated 90 degrees too.  Typical is 4 x 256, 4x128 or 4x64.  However sometimes I get better results with  a specific texture by increasing or decreasing the repeats , again always in multiples of four, such as 8x256 16x256 etc.  Just experiment to find the best look for the texture and sculpt your using.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.