mesh hands

Ylalian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi all

created mesh hands, want to sale them with not so high price (have my own reasons for that =))

still I really need some help with texturing (I mean advices help, I can do all myself)

so the thing is that I am confused about the color for the hands

I have made bw texture and was planning to color it in sl with hud as many do, so it will fit the skin. But I am not sure if the black-white texture is good to recolor in sl? since I have seen many people simply can not match feet/hand mesh to their skin tone.

so if anyone have advices how to figure out the best original texture color I am here to listen

cheers and ty for spending time to read

Ylalian wrote:

hi all

created mesh hands, want to sale them with not so high price (have my own reasons for that =))

still I really need some help with texturing (I mean advices help, I can do all myself)

so the thing is that I am confused about the color for the hands

I have made bw texture and was planning to color it in sl with hud as many do, so it will fit the skin. But I am not sure if the black-white texture is good to recolor in sl? since I have seen many people simply can not match feet/hand mesh to their skin tone.

so if anyone have advices how to figure out the best original texture color I am here to listen

cheers and ty for spending time to read

i dunno how to do it but i do know that i matched the color of my mesh feet to that of my skin .. so close that you cant see the line .. but it wasnt all that easy to do ..

im not sure that mesh hands are as necessary as mesh feet tho .. the default feet are ugly but that hands arent too bad to begin with

Jeanne

I've never messed with mesh hands before.  However I have some mesh feet that are bare as well as some in mesh shoes.  The ones that I think look the best actually have a default skin texture on them which is very pale.  They come with a hud to tint them to match skin.

I think if you use a grayscale texture on them the black/grey parts will make it difficult to match with a skin.  If you look at skins their shadows are not grey and black.  If you don't want to use a pale skin, I'd go for a light sepia. 

HI Ylallian :)

I have a pair of mesh hands. They're very nice for photography purposes, or if you wear a long sleeve coat or top to cover the line where the mesh meets the arm. The hands came with the option to choose a black & white texture then you can add your own RGB colors to match your skin, or it came with some base skin tone colors ranging from very pale to dark. It's always easier (for me anyway) to start with the lightest flesh color (my avatar is fair skinned).

My biggest complaint I have about the mesh hands I currently have is their really isn't a texture to them, so the color looks a little flat. Some of the best prim & mesh shoes have a 'base' foot texture  to that that easily blends into your own skin tone. I think Maitreya's feet blend the best. I can't wait until they make mesh shoes (they have a fantastic selection of mesh boots).

Here's what I would do. Go around and get some demos and compare how each one textures the skin. I think that will give you a really good feel for how you want to create your own skin texture and design your hud :)

Good luck to you, and I can't wait to see what you create :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.