Sim- crosing should use a hold and release method for better crossing

MaxFox Howley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

MaxFox Howley wrote:

I used other worlds based on the Open Simulator platform, and I think SL would beinfit from some of the features they use.

Sim Crossing, you are held on a sim untill another can pick you up, no infinity walk between them.

Who's with me?

Actually, that's pretty much how it already works in SL, you just don't see it because the viewer's set up to try and guess your movement if its waiting for information from the server. If you go to "Develop" - "Network" and deselect "Velocity Interpolate Objects" you'll stop dead at border crossings and only move when the next sim has completed the handoff.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

MaxFox Howley wrote:

I used other worlds based on the Open Simulator platform, and I think SL would beinfit from some of the features they use.

Sim Crossing, you are held on a sim untill another can pick you up, no infinity walk between them.

Who's with me?

Actually, that's pretty much how it already works in SL, you just don't see it because the viewer's set up to try and guess your movement if its waiting for information from the server. If you go to "Develop" - "Network" and deselect "Velocity Interpolate Objects" you'll stop dead at border crossings and only move when the next sim has completed the handoff.

so if the handoff is never completed youre just stuck there 4ever?

guess thats no worse than me & my boat flying up in the air & spinning around in circles

Jeanne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.