Child Sculpted prim phantom

Frawmusl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Apparently no longer works? I need to have a build with a solid floor, but the sculpts on it are making HUGE physics barriers so I need them to be phantom. But I would rather link everything together. How would I go about doing this if the scripts no longer work? Or is there a new script to take this no-longer-working-scripts place?

It's correct that the old 'hack' using VolumeDetect(TRUE) is gone/fixed.

The primshape 'none' - That's the official way atleast... ofcourse even with the new changes to meshaccounting (which is basically what happens if you set a link to "none" - that you're making the object act as if it was made of mesh, meaning landimpact will change) the chance that your landimpact will go up if not small at all.

The flexi-sculptie-hack - If it's linked sculpties you're wanting to be phantom - there's still a 'hack' left  This is mostly good for a static object (non physical) without too scripted changes on the link you want phantom. Any change to the part after the hack is applied with llSetPrimitiveParams or similar will likely undo the hack. Basically what this does it to make your sculptie be a flexi prim - don't worry it won't "flap in the wind" - it'll just become phantom like a flexi prim is. It's not a very good hack, but it's all there's left if you don't want to use meshaccounting on your object. The following script will apply flexi-sculptie when dropped into the link.

// FLEXI SCULPTIE HACK APPLY - BY MOTOR LOON.

key map;integer type;default{ state_entry() { llVolumeDetect(FALSE); map = llList2String( llGetPrimitiveParams([PRIM_TYPE]) ,1); type = llList2Integer( llGetPrimitiveParams([PRIM_TYPE]) ,2); llSetPrimitiveParams([PRIM_FLEXIBLE, TRUE, 1,1,1,1,1,<0,0,0>, PRIM_TYPE, PRIM_TYPE_BOX, 0, <0,0,0>, 0, <0,0,0>, <0,0,0>, <0,0,0>]); llSetPrimitiveParams([PRIM_FLEXIBLE, TRUE, 1,1,1,1,1,<0,0,0>, PRIM_TYPE, PRIM_TYPE_SCULPT, map, type]); llWhisper(0, "is now a phantom sculptie"); llRemoveInventory( llGetScriptName() ); }}

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.