Mesh Deformer to go on hold?

Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We should see a new MetaReality podcast tomorrow, Friday 9/14. Hopefully Karl will be on the show and we will get an update on the Deformer.

We have the new Mesh Deformer Project Viewer out. The changes make all previous uploaded rigged and deformable mesh obsolete. So, those clothes previously uploaded cannot be used for testing the Deformer. They need to be uploaded using the new Project Viewer.

The download location for the Second Life Mesh Deformer Project Viewer is here.

More information is available at: http://blog.nalates.net/2012/09/08/mesh-deformer-update-36/

If we don't get some test clothes, the Deformer cannot be tested. If the deformer cannot be tested it can't move forward through the testing process. If it doesn’t move forward... we never get it.

We need some test clothes.

mew a mew :)

So, did you mean that all the rigged mesh i have, if this deformer actually works out, then all the rigged mesh currently in use in SL is junk, history , toast, see ya later meshie gater :)

Or do you mean, you wont be able to deform your rigged mesh unless its the new spec, but you can still wear your old ones but just wont deform.

Maybe you know the answer to this, but will it make alpha layers obsolete, becaue to me alpha layers are way more of an issue, but not sure if deformation will mean bye bye alpha layers we wont miss you one bit :)

Kristin Burner wrote:

mew a mew
:)

Maybe you know the answer to this, but will it make alpha layers obsolete, becaue to me alpha layers are way more of an issue, but not sure if deformation will mean bye bye alpha layers we wont miss you one bit
:)

I do not think we will be able to get 100% away from having to use the alphas. But thats just my preliminary observation when I tested the deformer. I could be wrong.

If residents actually take the time to download the test viewer and upload some of their garments using the deformer, the team will be able to observe and test using your uploads and hopefuly the deformer project gets moving faster, so we can see if alp[has will be needed or not. But if no one goes over there and uploads garments. then this project will be a lot slower than anticipated

alphas will be needed due to how horible the SL avatar is rigged, its joints dont bend mesh, it just breaks it in half.You will need to hide that mess if you are planing to have a smooth natural bend in your clothes and you dont want that messy SL avatar clipping through.

As for the project, it sounds really intresting and i will help you people out with it in a few days when i have the time to make some test meshes.

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.