Help! Cut in sculpt in blender making me crazy!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok so I am used to using blender a lot, imported a .tga sculpt map and turns out it came into the new blender looking like this:

seamcut.jpg

The original sculpt does not have that cut, I don't know what it is or why it's there or how to fix it to join into a solid obect again. It's very hard to pretend it's not there when working, and my fusterations have lead me to ask for help.

Does anyone know how to make this sculpt one piece again without that cut? Why is it there? When I edit the sculpty and export it into SL, the cut is gone in SL, which means it's only in blender.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

The new bender is using primstar and has an import as sculpty on the right side for the UV image editor.

I'm trying to see if the stitching option is available anywhere. The stitch mode in SL is sphere. If I change it in SL, it does indeed cut the exact same way as the model in blender when i select plane. No specific importer option but I'm going to see if there is any way to change the stitching on this somewhere in the options.

If anyone has any idea how to change the stitching mode of an object already in blender.

That's determined at the very first step when you are creating the model in Blender.  The type of sculpty mesh that you choose in the beginning determines the stitching type.  You just need to be sure that you apply the same stitching type when you import the UV map and use it in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.